- This event has passed.
FSU Coastal & Marine Laboratory – Bienniel Open House
April 20, 2013
The FSU Coastal & Marine Laboratory’s Spring Open House is Saturday, April 20, 2013, from 10 am to 3 pm. It only happens every other year, so make sure you don’t miss out! From tiny tots to those grownups who just never grew up, there will be something to educate, fascinate, and entertain everyone.
The theme this year is “The Ocean of Tomorrow”, in which we recognize the importance of scientists from different backgrounds working together to solve problems related to the coastal and marine environments. As it happens, this date is also the third anniversary of the Deepwater Horizon Oil Disaster, so the theme brings to mind the research being conducted by FSU scientists across the university.
Highlights of this year’s Open House include:
- Tours of our new 65-ft. research vessel, the RV APALACHEE
- Talks by the scientists on the fascinating work that they do
- Touch tanks with critters presented by Saturday-at-the-Sea
- Interactive displays by scientists from FSU, state agencies, and conservation groups
- Silent auction with some great items and services from Friends of the Lab
- Delicious food from a local vendor, Seineyard
- Plenty of Parking
Gather your friends, family, neighbors, colleagues, and associates, and take a beautiful drive down to the coast for a day of fun! Can’t wait to see you again! fsu marinelab openhouse(FINALCOPY)
Special thanks go to the Franklin County Tourist Development Council, Air-Con of Wakulla, Nestle, Marpan Recycling, FSU College of Business’s Bill Woodyard and Pure Fishing’s Keith Jones for their generous donations in support of this event.