- This event has passed.
Big Bend Hospice to Break Ground for Jean McCully Family House
May 21, 2013
Community leaders, elected officials and medical professionals will gather at Big Bend Hospice on Tuesday, May 21, for a dedication ceremony and groundbreaking event designed to expand the organization’s ability to serve those in the community with life-limiting illnesses. The ceremony and groundbreaking for the new “Jean McCully Family House” will take place from 10 – 11:30 a.m., along with an announcement about the upgrading of the Margaret Z. Dozier Hospice House facility.
Expected speakers for the groundbreaking event are:
- Cathy Adkison, Chief Executive Officer and President, Big Bend Hospice
- Nigel Allen, Executive Director, Big Bend Hospice Foundation
- Steve Mindlin, Chairman, Big Bend Hospice
- Ron Tate, Chairman, Big Bend Hospice Foundation
- Sen. Bill Montford
- Leon County Commissioner Kristen Dozier
- Tallahassee Mayor John Marks
- Marjorie Turnbull, Campaign Chair, Big Bend Hospice
- Jean McCully
The construction of the Jean McCully Family House will provide much-needed space for families and friends of patients in a family-centered environment. Additionally, Big Bend Hospice will add bedside oxygen and suction in all patient bedrooms in the Margaret Z. Dozier Hospice House…Big Bend Hospice to Break Ground for Jean McCully Family House