- This event has passed.
2014 Empty Bowls Event
November 15, 2014
Did You Know?
• One in six Americans do not have access to enough food.
• The majority of individuals struggling with hunger are not homeless.
• 16 million children live in food-insecure homes.
• Even college-educated individuals struggle with hunger issues.
• Lack of adequate nutrition affects the physical, mental and behavioral development of children.
• More than 2 million rural households experience food insecurity.
• Senior citizens and children are at the highest risk of hunger.
Empty Bowls helps Wakulla County residents by raising funds for our local food banks. This is accomplished by residents like you contributing to this community-wide effort.
The 2014 Empty Bowls event will take place on Saturday, November 15, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Wakulla County One-Stop Community Center located at 318 Shadeville Highway in Crawfordville.
Wakulla Businesses and organizations have come together to cook a variety of homemade soups to serve. This soup will be served in a ceramic take-home bowl that has been made just for the occasion. The cost of the bowl and all-you-can eat soup is$15.00. At the end of the event, you take your bowl home and know that you have helped feed someone in our county that would otherwise be hungry. Every time you take your bowl out to use, it will remind you of the contribution you have made to our community and also that there is still someone in the community that truly has an empty bowl. emptybowls flier