The Florida State University Coastal & Marine Laboratory (located roughly 45 miles from the main campus in Tallahassee) seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented full-time Administrative Assistant who will provide administrative support for the Director, the Business Manager (supervisor for this position), and the Faculty.
DEADLINE FOR APPLYING IS October 12, 2018
This position provides administrative support to the Director and the Business Manager; assists with business and HR operations, and manages grant proposal submissions.
• Administrative support for the Director includes: assistance with daily calendar and travel schedule, organizing meetings, taking meeting minutes, and handling confidential assignments.
• Administrative support for the faculty and research staff includes: review of grant proposals for compliance with funding agency and FSU technical requirements, acting as a liaison with FSU Sponsored Research staff responsible for proposal submission to agencies and facilitating effort certification reports for exempt (3 times per year) and non-exempt employees (monthly).
• General office support includes: ordering office supplies, distributing daily mail and shipping FedEx packages, conducting P-card coding and reconciliation; handling purchasing/disbursements for Foundation Account, serving as back-up for Travel, reservations; posting jobs and ensuring compliance with HR rules and guidelines while facilitating the screening, interviewing, and hiring process.
• High School diploma or equivalency and two years’ experience, or a combination of post high school education and experience equal to two years is required.
• Must be highly detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and organize assignments effectively and meeting project deadlines.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel (or comparable software).
• Experience working in an office environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, math skills, and knowledge of collection and/or cash handling procedures.
• Ability to perform assignments with minimal supervision.
• Preferred (but not required) – experience with University OMNI system
Anticipated Salary Range – Minimum $23,000 – negotiable commensurate with education and experience. Full benefits in addition
Tobacco Free Campus
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior,owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
FSU is an AA/EEO employer. Female and minority candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
The FSU Coastal & Marine Laboratory is located in St. Teresa, Florida, about 45 miles southwest of the FSU main campus.
To Apply, Visit jobs.fsu.edu – position 44253
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.