Community Manager, Relay For Life – Tallahassee
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 1 – 3 Years
Executes a portfolio of Relay For Life events, with accountability for significant income targets, as well as event-related mission and advocacy activities. Ensures goal achievement through the effective leadership, engagement, empowerment, and mobilization of event volunteers.
- Accountable for the achievement of income performance targets for a portfolio of Relay For Life events, including community feeder events.
- Responsible for effectively and efficiently completing activities and meeting target deadlines in order to execute successful events.
- Implements best practices for leadership development, increased participation and event revenue growth; drives and encourages creativity and innovation at the community level.
- Develops and demonstrates skills in community organization, relationship building and talent identification and leadership development.
- Engages, trains and manages relationships with community volunteers to ensure successful events execution, with a focus on event volunteer leadership positions.
- Engages the community in Relay For Life to drive increased event participation – event committee, teams, team members, sponsors and survivor/caregiver – including youth engagement through teams in community events, Relay Recess and Field Day, high school Coaches vs. Cancer.
- Collaborates with Corporate & Distinguished Partners and Health Systems staff to maximize event success; leverages opportunities to engage constituents from corporate, distinguished partners and health systems activities in events through event sponsorship and participation.
- Works in partnership with Health Systems staff for achievement of identified event-related mission goals, including enterprise-wide initiatives. Integrates mission/cancer control activities messaging and within Relay For Life events.
- Partners with enterprise support functions and ensures appropriate support is provided for successful execution of events.
- Utilizes available tools and processes to maximize event results, including online fundraising.
- Utilizes and responds to customer satisfaction survey, comparative event and success factors data.
- Monitors progress against objectives; adjusts plans and manages contingency efforts and resources as required.
- Ensures strong logistical coordination for assigned events.
- Facilitates volunteer retention and ensures meaningful volunteer recognition.
- Utilizes defined processes to ensure timely and accurate event data entry.
- Ensures compliance with ACS policies, including employment, risk management, event and cash handling, and financial controls.
- Works in partnership with ACS CAN, including efforts to increase ACS CAN membership.
- Actively demonstrates and cascades the enterprise-wide mindsets: integrity, collaboration and stewardship.