The Wakulla Chamber of Commerce is offering two one – time FULL scholarships for the fall Green Guide Course, funded from proceeds of our annual low country boil fundraiser.
The 90-hr certification course, mixed with both classroom and field trip experiences, is designed for job seekers looking for employment in a nature-based field, entrepreneurs interested in starting a nature-based business, or those who want to learn more about the North Florida environment for personal enrichment.
- Provide educational experiences on North Florida ecosystems
- Equip potential guides with the knowledge to provide environmentally and socially responsible nature-based experiences to clients
- Educate business owners and employees on resource sustainability
- Provide accurate and up-to-date information for natural resource conservation best practices
- Create a nature-centered network of guides and program participants
The course start date is September 2, 2014 with an end date of November 4, 2014.
The deadline for applying for the scholarship award is 4 pm Tuesday, July 15th. Please see application for details.
If you would like to learn more about the Green Certification Course or to apply for the scholarship contact Kathie Mackie (850) 922-6290 or email@example.com.