Florida Department of Transportation
Roadside Mowing Presentation
Monday, February 11, 2013
9:00 – 11:00 am
FDOT Auditorium, Tallahassee 605 Suwannee Street
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) has responded to a request from the Panhandle Wildflower Alliance (which is sponsored by the Florida Wildflower Foundation) to make a presentation that will help the public better understand the Department’s mowing policies and programs.
This program will include presentations by the State Maintenance Office on state policies, and by the regional office (FDOT District 3, located in Chipley, Florida) on the implementation of the state policies.
Some of the topics that will be covered include
- · Effective ways to communicate with District 3 about roadside mowing practices
- · What the MRP (Maintenance Rating Program) is and how it operates
- · How FDOT makes decisions about when and where to mow
- · How FDOT works with the individual counties to make mowing decisions
- · How mowing contracts work
- · The Roadside Vegetation Management Plan for District 3
This meeting is free and open to the public, and everyone is invited to attend. Parking is available in the FDOT parking area near the auditorium.
If you are interested in the beauty and safety of our roadsides, including consideration of wildflower bloom, this will be a very important meeting for you to attend.