Crawfordville, FL – Tropical Storm Debby is gone but not without leaving the County with major flooding issues and storm debris. Wakulla County is in the process of assessing all damages to determine the needs for federal disaster assistance. In order to obtain accurate information Wakulla County Emergency Management requests any damages, regardless if they require assistance, to be reported by calling 745-7100. This information will be utilized in determining the needs for federal disaster and/or non-profit organization assistance.
Staff is providing the following information to assist the public with questions they may have resulting from Tropical Storm Debby:
- Debris Removal: Can be taken to the Lower Bridge Landfill. The Landfill will temporarily be open Monday-Friday 8:00a.m.-5:00p.m. and Saturday-Sunday 8:00a.m.-3:00p.m. The cost is $75 per ton. Additionally, Waste Pro will pick up debris (in excess of 2 cubic yards) for a fee of $25 per cubic yard. You will need to call Waste Pro at 926-7010 to request this service.
- Flooding – The Sheriff’s Office Emergency Management asks residents who have experienced flooding on their property to call the Sheriff’s Office at 745-7100 so that the flooding can be documented in the case that public assistance becomes available.
- Downed Trees – Trees on County property can be removed by contacting Public Works at 926-7616.
- Sink Holes – If endangering home or is a safety concern, please contact the Sheriff’s Office at 745-7100. If the sink hole is on County property, please contact Public Works at 926-7616.
- Road Signs – If your road/street sign is missing, please contact Public Works at 926-7616.
- Shelters & Needs – The American Red Cross has opened a shelter at the Crawfordville Elementary School, 379 Arran Rd., and will be distributing snacks, bottled water, and clean-up kits throughout the Community.
- Volunteers – The American Red Cross is in need of volunteers at the Crawfordville Elementary Shelter and throughout the County. For information, please contact Katie Sherk, Director of Emergency Services at 878-6080.
If you have any questions related to this story, please contact Jessica Welch, Public Information Office at (850) 926-0919 ext. 407.
Public Information Director
Wakulla County BOCC
(850) 926-0919 Ext. 407
(850) 926-0940 (Fax)